Tuesday 26 June 2007

Tue 26 Jun 07, track session

At the office just before 7am, busy day and only a short break for lunch, thankfully out of the office by 4:30pm. Another cool night and drizzle is on the way, 11 degrees at 4:55pm.

I started off with 2 laps of the Complex in so many clothes I felt like an eskimo, some dynamic stretching, then I dropped some clothes, changed to my flats and did 5x100m strides. I then dropped my jacket and started the session of 4 x 1200m. I was aiming for 92 seconds per lap with a 90 sec recovery, I decided I would have a longer break as the 16k XC wasn't too long ago.

With long skins pants, ls compression top and top & shorts I was all decked out in black, which is not a normal colour for me.

Splits:4:41, 4:41, 4:39 & 4:40 all with 89-90 sec recovery. The session was solid but not hard, but the entire time I felt funny in the hip region, ever since Sat I have noticed that my hips and glutes etc where very tired on Sunday and since have felt 'different', not sore and no pain, but I am aware, esp when running.

I finished off with two slow laps in lane 8 in reverse and then 10-15 minutes of stretching & chatting whilst watching Clare complete her session of 400/600/800/800/600/400, 10 sec per lap faster than her 10k pace with 60 sec recovery, extremely well done tonight and she had the extra hassle of constant drizzle and the wind picking up.

3 comments:

jojo said...

hope the glute/hips are ok

Stu Mac said...

there fine, mentioned for noting purposes only

Unknown said...

Is that a strip tease I see on your blog? LOL!