Thursday 14 June 2007

Thu 14 Jun 07, a morning run and indoor football

Thursday mornings I normally meet Clare for a fartlek session, but she is off colour so she cancelled last night, which was a good idea, running when unwell generally makes the prob last longer.

I decided I would stick to the norm and went into the city just before 6am parked my car and took off for a run just before 6:30am. A little bit chilly (understatement), according to my car temp gauge it was 3 degrees. I had a stack of clothes and they were all needed, even a beanie this morning, but no gloves. I ran from work up to Fawkner Park and then strolled around on the paths until I hit 15 minutes. I then stopped and did some dynamic stretching and some drills, high knees, bummies etc and then 4 lots of strides (20 sec).

I then decided I would do some longer strides (reps), not knowing any markers I decided I would run at approx 1k pace for 2 min x 4 with 60 sec of gentle running in between, all on the paths in various directions. After the last rep I jogged back to Vic Barracks and then did some stretching in the gym. By the time I got back I was just starting to feel warm, looking in the mirror it looked like I was sun burnt, my face was sooooo cold. :-)


Indoor soccer at lunchtime, finally a win, 9-3 :-))

3 comments:

jojo said...

i think thats more like a thrashing isnt it!

Andrew(ajh) said...

9-3 isn't just a win, that's an arse-whooping!

Ewen said...

Yes, the sub-10C temps in the afternoons up here are really testing the resolve. Back to long reps on the track for me to keep warm and not be standing around too much.

Good session of 800s there Stu. Hope you race well this weekend.