Sunday 10 June 2007

Sun 10 Jun 07, You Yangs & Hoppers

A very cool morning, 4 degrees when meeting at the front gate of the You Yangs at 8am, I had a car load of girl/women who all believed that it should be against the law to run in this weather, but of course they were all there voluntarily :-)

Clare & Michelle took off with Lexie & Allison fo 45 minutes, myself, Tegan, Adam, Bec & Darren took off to the Turntable CP, so tackling the gentle grind of a hill for 2.8km, then all of us went down onto the Branding Trail Loop. Back at the car park we all regroup, toilet, drinks etc and then strolled along Rushworth Rd which has some small rolling hills that build after a few kms, but myself, Bec & Tegan took the turn off to Big Rock and allowed Adam & Darren to continue on for 90 and we made our way back to the front gate, arriving mid 58s Bec then continued on for 20 minutes on the horse trails as she wasn't in the mood for tackling big hills.

As Clare & Michelle had appointments, I decided 60 at the YY would be suffice and then I planned to run 60 in the evening, but on return to Hoppers I decided I would be guaranteed if I did it know and only a maybe for the arvo, so I strolled my 10k course in 48 min and then ran for 6 min away from home and then back to make the hour, so over 23k for the morning. Today was my first run in my Skins for the winter, its officially cold.... :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll decide when it's cold!!