Thursday 28 June 2007

Thu 28 Jun 07, the Tan & faster intervals

With my normal fartlek session cancelled this morning I thought I would stick to doubling up with a very light session and then something a little harder. So I arrived in the city before 6:30am and jogged a slow lap of the Tan in 19 minutes, somehow I dodged all of the rain and it wasn't too cold either, but I did keep my jacket and Skins on, but overall it wasn't too cold.


Throughout the day it became apparent that a few non regular track trainer guys were going to be at the track. Strangely I went from setting my session and expecting to do so by myself, but I ended completing with a group of six. Randall, George (Willi AC), Cam, Luke, Cookie & me, also Darren & Bec were doing 800s. My session was what we went with, 8x400m 82 sec per lap for me with a 200m float.

We all started together, Luke was given retraint orders and I knew I would sit at the back. The float was a good float, but I would have preferred a tad slower, so after 4 reps I changed from the 200m float to a diagonal float as we were running approx 10:15 3k pace but I wanted to take advantage of the pack and stick with them on the reps.

Splits:
83 66
82 61
83 65
83 64
82 60
80 62
82 61
78

After we finished I placed on some extra clothing and then ran 4 laps of the track in lane 4/5, some chatting, stretching and then off to a meeting/dinner to organise our Coliban Ekiden Relay teams (good elevation graphs). This year is quite different, normally I just go with the flow, but as one of the 'coaches' now I actually get a say, as well I am the Club Winter Manager and love to be involved.... :-) Due to injuries it looks like I have 'just' squeezed into the Div 6 team, which sadly will mean the easiest leg as that goes to the slowest runner, I was looking forward to be being the number 1 or 2 in Div 7 and getting one of the BIG legs. :-(

No comments: