Tuesday 19 June 2007

Tue 19 Jun 07, Declan's 6th birthday

Finished work a little early so I could spend some time with Declan on his birthday, as per normal a little boy with a BIG family circle got lots of toys, so boring old dad got him a spiderman hoody, some Transformer undies and some Aussie Rules collector cards.

Melbourne are having a cold snap at the moment and whilst the majority of us are complaining that it is 'freezing' I think all we need to do is look at an European winter to realise its cold but not to bad. But saying that I arrived at the track just after 5pm and it was 8.5 degrees and the wind was picking up. Training by myself I decided I would do my warm up on the track tonight in lane 8 and I ran clockwise for 6 laps.

Tonight I wore my new shoes, nice weight and not a bad feel for a first time wear, I did my reps tonight with them on. Reps were 400/400/600/600/800/800/600/600/400/400 @ 95 sec per lap with 1 min recovery (30 sec walk, 30 sec jog).



Splits:(all recoveries between 55-60 sec)
1:34
1:33
2:23
2:22
3:15
3:15
2:21
2:21
1:29 (starting to build)
1:19 (deliberately faster, but still controlled)

Finished with a few laps of the track, happy with the session, controlled pace and no probs with the wind or cold.

8 comments:

Ewen said...

Happy birthday Declan!

Looks like a solid session there Stu - nice times, and 5.6k is a good volume.

Ewen said...

By the way, you're right with the weather. I just think of my sister's winters in Nth America with 5' of snow on the ground and icy footpaths.

Tesso said...

Sure, its worse over there but can't we still complain about the weather. I need something to whinge about :-)

PS A Spiderman hoody - how cool!

Anonymous said...

Stu, I'll let you know what that Europen winter feels like when I go back to the UK for Christmas.

Can you hear me complaining already :0)

MorseyRuns said...

I always get my nephew toys because I want to be the fun aunty- I figure his parents can buy him clothes! Did Clare make her 60 minute goal for the run2G?

Anonymous said...

my five year old son is obsessed with
spiderman as well !

see you at geelong.

Anonymous said...

I got my godson Spiderman PJs for his birthday this year and he LOVED them, had to stop him putting them on right away.

Happy birthday to the little fella.

Ewen said...

Did you see the locals are complaining about the 22C maximum in Darwin yesterday!!