Sunday 3 June 2007

Sun 03 Jun 07, You Yangs


I arrived at the You Yangs just before 8:30 with a car load, Cam, Luke & Michelle (first timer at YY & with my group), as we were driving down the road I saw Troopy and a few of his normal group strolling along the dirt trail back towards the car park. After a few minutes the Geelong group came into the car park and picked up the 8:30 runners.

We waited for 10 minutes until all of the expected 60+ min runners arrived, I left after introducing Michelle to Clare and confirming with her that its an easy 45 min run, very easy.

Six of us made the trek up to the Flinders Peak cp, a tad too fast for me, 65 sec faster than last week and I already knew I was going to struggle today, but I decided I would reduce from 90 to 75 but I would walk up some of the big hills as I wanted time on my feet and wasn't to worried about anything else. With a cold onset and yesterdays run I knew this was a good idea. After a toilet break at the the top CP we turned left and ran along Rushford, instead of turning right towards the 'saddle' we went left and made our way to the Stockyards. I struggled on any hill longer than 200m and was using a run/walk process to keep some form of good feeling in my quads. I continued on and finished off the final 30 min along the dirt trails near the Toyne Rd area and back to the front gate with Adrian, all up 75 minutes of good distance running.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Good run Stu. Smart to cut back to 75 minutes and run/walk the hills in view of yesterday's long run.