Thursday 21 June 2007

Thu 21 Jun 07, morning fartlek & indoor football

This morning I jogged for ten minutes before meeting up for a light fartlek session which involved hill work. A fairly light session for me but it is a great way for me to loosen up and add a few kms to the training schedule.

A lunchtime game of indoor soccer, 2nd Vs 5th (that's us), a tight first half we were just behind 2-1, but early in the second half I started to become annoyed with one of the opposition who had been constantly acting as an 'unofficial' referee and so I told him to shut the f.up, well that went down like a lead balloon and within a few minutes the game became a 'heated' affair, he got red carded and I was asked to sit out and cool down, but could return. I came back on for the final 10 minutes and then got my legs taken out, it was crude but an accident, I know the guy, he was so apologetic but the game became 'heated' again until I calmed it down. But ouch my right shin was hurting a lot, so back off the pitch. Anyway, we got thrashed 9-2 we lost complete control of the match. Straight after the game I iced my shin, some big scratches and a definite bruise will appear, slightly swollen within 10 minutes.

Now 6 hours later I can see some discolouration and swelling, but I am sure I will be fine for Sat's 16km XC.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Careful now, don't go getting injured playing soccer!

I am no good at team sports, I used to get fouled of the basketball court all the time, and that was when I was 11 LOL

jojo said...

ouch...boys are always rough...mixed bball resulted in blood nose for me and torn ankle ligaments from overzealous lads! take care

Ewen said...

9-2 is a bit ugly Stu. Hope the shin's OK. 16k cross country is a cruel distance. Thankfully they reduced ours down to 12k this year, although the old traditionalist 10 mile guys didn't like it.

Anonymous said...

Some of us have looked like soccer players for a while!.Thanks for the wave a few weeks back

Stu Mac said...

Silver Samurai said...
...Thanks for the wave a few weeks back


I obviously couldn't have been waving at a friend, as none of my true friends hide behind an alias??

Andrew(ajh) said...

Oh, I hate those "unofficial referees" too! In basketball they are so often referees that play in teams, and it drives me and my girls nuts. Hope the leg is not too bad!