Saturday 23 June 2007

Sat 23 Jun 07, AV 16km XC @ Geelong

I arrived nice and early today because I wanted to watch the Western Aths U20 girls, we had four starters, one making her return after a 9-10 month rest due to injury. Western Aths is a bit like a family, we all know each other well and as a general rule we seem to provide a lot of encouragement to each other, enough for some of our new members to actually make a big mention of it at the past race.

Whilst I would have loved to watch the women's race and see how they are all going, I needed to start my own preparations, which is a bit sad as it would be great to just sit back and watch a complete race of our Club mates, I watched the start and watched the final 500m or so. Narz finished 6th behind some great runners who have International experience and it was great to see Georgie Clarke finish 2nd.


Strangely for an AV race we started 10-15 minutes late, I intended to run a comfortable first lap (4km) and thankfully David had the same intention so we ran together and chatted a bit and caught up on the general goss.All up I tried to maintain a constant pace and work the hills as I seemed to catch people on the hills. Overall a tough day at the 'running' office and I'm not a real XC fan, so I was happy to break my PB from 2005.

Splits:
18:04
17:57
18:12
18:13
Time 1h 12m 26s (PB 18 sec)




The graph doesn't show the actual elevation heights but it does show that the course had rolling hills.

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

That was a good run Stu, congratulations on the PB!

Tesso said...

Nice work Stu. After all that crappy weather you've been training in its well deserved PB.

Ewen said...

Well done on the PB Stu. Beautiful splits - you must have been feeling strong in the last lap.

I like XC - if it's 8k or less!

Good showing from the club - that's encouraging.