Friday 15 June 2007

Fri 15 Jun 07, a prelude to the Run to the G

Yep an Undies Race at Fed Square! For whatever reason S2F decided they would organise an Undies race on the Friday night before the Run to the G, all donated monies went to Oxfam. Over the past week or so I ummed & arhed over this, would or wouldn't I??? To be honest I always guessed I would chicken out and not worry about it, typically I would come up with an excuse and find something more important.

Friday night comes, I have fav pair of boxers on and I have a LS Adidas top and runners and go to Fed Square (everything in a back pack), but I am still not confident on starting, I wander past the gathering place and instead of chatting with Terry O'H I move up to Fed Square. Eventually there are a few faces I know and I moved over to the spot, a phone call from Clare (who I'm meeting up with later for a beer before her dinner date) suggests to break out of my comfort zone (which is true) and then a couple of other pace leaders rock up, but I discover they are viewing not running.

Oh well, jeans off, runners on and wearing my boxers I hit the start line with another 15 or so people. We had to run about 150m along the river and then turn back, we took off as a group, turned and then about 80m away a couple of the guys took off, so I chased and moved up into third and one myself some boxers (fitting) and had my jeans on within 30 seconds, well it was cold.. :-)

7 comments:

Tesso said...

What? No pics?

jojo said...

stuart! im certainly glad i didnt do it!

Stu Mac said...

Tesso, hopefully no pics will be around, but I do know that one of the pacers from the S2F group had a camera, so they will be around, but probably not on my blog... :-)

I am the bashful sort, I only take my jeans off in front of a pub of spectators (The Transport Bar)

Anonymous said...

LOL, I mean really LOL

For the first time in 6 weeks I am glad I have stress fractures, I wouldn't have had any drama's running in my undies, but in yesterday's weather Brrrrrrrrr, I don't think so.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Well done Stu, it was nearly frostbite weather!

Anonymous said...

good on ya stu

Ewen said...

Sounds like you wouldn't have had Craig Mottram's problem on that day.