Sunday 24 June 2007

Sun 24 Jun 07, recovery

Today was another trip out to Geelong Eastern Park Gardens, watching Little Aths Region XC racing, in particular C & D but also another 10 kids from my squad who were racing. From yesterday's race (finished 68th in the O40 category & much further down the overall) I was a little stiff, especially in the hip region. My legs were ok, a tad sore in the knees but nothing much really, butoverall I was tired and I knew I wouldn't be wanting to run hills today, so no YY.

Watching races and moving back and forth for a few hours involved a bitof running and that was enough to loosen the legs and for me to realise I was tired, overall I would have easily run 3-5km.

The kids ran well, as a group they all ran very well and I think they all walked away very happy!

The AV results have been posted, I finished last out of the Western Aths runners, 235th overall, 68th in the O40s. But best of all my Club had a good day out, Men Div 3 5th, Div 6 1st (that was my team), 5th in Div 2 women and 2nd in the U20 women. :-)

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Troopy's still doing OK!

That's a good result Stu. I'm impressed you can field 6 men's teams. Congrats on your 1st place and also to the U20 women.

Well done with the LAs - keeping them happy will keep them running :)