Saturday 30 June 2007

Sat 30 Jun 07, Little Aths rabbit work and a light arvo run

With my mood of last night I tried the concept of 'let the world go by' and I was in bed quite early... :-( OMG what has become of me, Friday night, single and in bed before 10pm! sad


Today Little Aths was at Riverbend, a very flat course, which is great the week after a tough Region XC race. I arrived 8.20ish, so I jogged 2 laps of the 1k course, with a few of the older kids joinging me on the second lap. I picked up C & D's Region Certificates, Declan finished 9th and Connor finished 10th, both were very excited to get a certificate for running, their first! :-)

I chatted with all of the kids & most of the parents from my squad today as a group. I congratulated the kids who raced at Regions and told them all that my 'run of the day' at Regions was Kaitlyn A, she finished 11th in her age group which confused some of the kids as they had finished top 3 etc. Which was a great way for me to explain that winning is NOT everything, effort and exceeding expectations counts for so much! I reminded the kids that Regions were a big thing and today some may struggle for motivation etc, I asked them all to enjoy the flat fast course and not worry about today at all!

I ran as the 'rabbit' for the U6-8's, Connor (the little so & so) started the 'boo chant', all of the kids know me so well they like to get the 'boo chant' going and today Connor started it... :-) AS per normal I stopped around the 3/4 area and then encouraged all of the group I knew by name, which is the large majority.


This arvo I was meeting Clare at Riverbend for a run, hoping that she was fine, but not to be. I arrived early and ran for 10 minutes prior, around the 5 min pace, I then jogged with Clare and did a few stretches.

1 comment:

MorseyRuns said...

Welcome to my world- I am now used to waking up early and hangover free on Saturday mornings (and I really like it!)