Monday 30 April 2007

Mon 30 Apr 07, a lunch run along the Yarra & Monthly Stats


My quads still have a couple of 'spots' that are a tad tender, but nothing major and not heavy, just aware of my quads, damn cross country racing... :-)

Tonight is my first coaching session with a bunch of Little A's who are competing in the Centre XC comp, on Saturday I announced to all present that I would be available to coach anyone who was interested on Monday night. At this stage its my goal to help encourage the kids to enjoy their racing and to pass on pointers and to help improve their fitness.

With my evening taken I decided a lunchtime run was way more appealing than a 7pm run in the dark. So a 52 minute run on the Tan and then along the Yarra up to and over MacRobertson Bridge and then back to the city and back to Victoria Barracks. I ran at 4.40ish pace and then after 15 minutes I picked the pace up and ran at my w/e race pace and then returned back to 4:40ish pace for the remainder of the run. Once back in the Barracks I stretched on the grass for 10 minutes, calf, hamstrings, QUADS & hip flexors.


Monthly Running Statistics

April Km's: 278 (last year 247)
Year to Date: 1093 (last year 712 & 803 in 05)
Injuries: Recovering from strained lower back & small tear in hip, now just managing a tight lower back
Excuses: none really, but have been rebuilding from lay off
Races & events: AV Round One 6km XC Relay, ran the 4th leg in 25:01. Attended a 2 day ATFCA Level One Coaching Course.
Upcoming races: AV Winter Round 2 & 3, 15km & 10km
Goals for May: Race well
General thoughts: Very surprised to be more than 200km in front of last year and even still 2005. A lot of easy kms have been run but I do feel my endurance is better and think I will race well in May.
Weight & measurements: Tomorrow I will include my weight (need to weigh at a chemist) and will buy a measuring tape to record waist, chest, thigh, biceps & calves. Will complete these monthly.

Measurements taken 9am 1 May
Biceps - 31cm
L.calf - 41.5cm
R.calf - 40.5cm
Thighs - 62cm
Waist - 87.5cm
Weight - 81.5kg

Hmmm, why is my left calf bigger, I measured them both heaps of time, always different, oh well. Would be nice to lose a couple of kgs and for everything measured to become slightly smaller, will wait & see. Note: when weighed I was wearing singlet, running jacket, shorts & shoes (zoom elites).

2 comments:

Ewen said...

I hope the coaching session went well Stu. Keep encouraging them and making it fun. It'll be a great thrill in years to come when some of them make an All-Schools final.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Hey Stu, I was so pleased to read your post on another blog where you said that you walked some on your first GTR - if the legendary Stu Mac walked some, I won't feel so bad on Sunday when I do !!!
Glad to see you're still enjoying the coaching.