Thursday 12 April 2007

Thu 12 Apr 07, a track session


Tonight I trained at the VU Complex for the first time in awhile, I started off with four slow laps of the complex and then 2 laps of the track in reverse doing a bunch of plyometric exercises. I decided I was enjoying the l o n g warm up, so I did a bunch of lunges & squats on the back straight and then 5 strides on the grass from the jav throw line to the other end (10m short). Then I did a few calf & hammy stretches.

Tonight after a nice long warm up that probably went for 30 minutes plus, I decided that I would do 6 x 400m with a walking 100m, each lap was run in approx 78 sec and the break was a casual walk to the next 100m line. So each 400 was started at a different part of the track. Finished off with 3 1/2 laps of the track and a lap on the grassed area.

No comments: