Saturday 28 April 2007

Sat 26 Apr 07, AV Winter Series, Rd 1, 6km XC relay


Today started at Little A's XC, I was the rabbit for the 6-8 year old race and I spoke to heaps of kids re form etc. C & D raced in the 1k race, C finished 2nd in the U8 boys and D in the U6 boys finished =3rd. Quote of the day: I think I need a new lung! Where do 5 year old kids get that from? :-)


The afternoon was spent at Jells Park in Wheelers Hill for the first round of the AV Winter Series. The course below with an elevation graph, the ground was very firm and the second lap was much more testing that the graph shows.



Click to enlarge

Today I ran in the Div 7 team as the final runner, when I took off we were in 6th position and I was able to pass three runners, but I was passed by one team who went passed me like I was walking!!! To describe my run would be average to good, slightly faster than last year, but a different course, so you can't compare. The team finished 4th and I was the second fastest in our team of 4, splits: 12:08 & 12:52 = 25.01

Team Results; Men Div 3 - 7th/14, Men Div 6 - 3rd/13, Men Div 7 - 4th/13, Wmn Div 2 - 6th, Wmn Div 3 - 11th, U20 wmn - 5th & U16 wmn - 5th. Over 900 individual athletes. A good day, the first relays are always very competitive and hard to win, lots of big names out today, Mona, Troopy, Magnus & lots of other Internationals. One of our girls in Div 2 may have finished in the top 10 fastest for the day, which will be a great effort! :-D

5 comments:

jojo said...

so a good day out then stuie :)

Tesso said...

Wow, you sure were mixing it with the best of them!

PS I know how that kid feels :)

Ewen said...

I need two new lungs.

Sounds like a great day Stu. 900 runners is amazing. We'd be lucky to get 150 for a relay.

Congrats to the club, and yourself on a solid run. I presume runners stay in a division for the whole season. Sadly our comp is not that organised.

Anonymous said...

Magnus and Susan M pulled in next to me just as I was parking yesterday, I just put my head down and scuttled off, "I'm not worthy" LOL

Great day though, so pleased I got on board.

Vicky said...

Good stuff Stu, it really is great who involved you get with the club & Little A's etc... good on you.

MAR.