Saturday 14 April 2007

Sat 14 Apr 07, a few runs


This morning I left home just before 8am, a warm morning in comparison to the last couple of weeks, I was very comfortable in a singlet & shorts. I ran from home to the river and then over to President's Park, 8.7km at an average of 14.2km for the run.

I ran to Presidents Park so I could chat with the Little A's group, I have volunteered my services to the group to help with coaching at least once a week, but I need to work out what day is best for me. Today's race was just a registration day, so a 1km handicap (by age) race was run, I ran as the 'rabbit' for the leaders until the 800m mark where the older kids had caught the younger one. I then sat at the base of the short hill and gave coaching advice.

At 10am, Clare arrived and we went for a run along the river for 55 minutes, nearly 9km. So a few kms this morning, 19km with the two runs and the rabbit lap, I also ran a few strides with a few of the older kids (13ish) whilst they were warming up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so just a lazy 19km eh Stu?
well done :)