Friday 13 April 2007

Fri 13 Apr 07, recovery run


This morning I arrived at the Tan just after 7am, a comfortable 12 degrees, no wind, a pleasant morning with predominantly blue skies which is the key for the mind, I think.

This morning I strolled through the gardens, on the Tan, back into the gardens, across the Tan, around the parks along Domain Rd and then back onto the Tan. The entire aim of this morning was to stretch the legs and just roll along. I then spent about 10 minutes stretching in the park between Birdwood Ave and St Kilda Rd, calfs, achilles, hammie, quads, shins & finishing with some hip flexor stretches. A pleasant morning which I think I got more benefit from the stretch than the actual run.

I've been overall happy with the start of my return back to a fuller training schedule, next week I will re-introduce some gym work where I intend to only do 2 sessions for the week, concentrating on core, mixed up with some other basic exercises, but all with the intent on dropping some body fat and gaining strength without bulk.

Looking forward to this weekends running, probably a solid 75 min run tmw, followed on Sunday with a slow 2 hours at the You Yangs

Personal stuff/thoughts: And then Sunday arvo I am hoping to see my 3 little boys, they have been in Sydney for the past two weeks with their mum who needed to visit her family to see her dad, who has now sadly passed away. Even I made sure I had a Tooheys on Thu, Julie's dad's favorite!

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Must be sad times for Julie and the boys. And you too not doub. Glad you found a nice way to celebrate his life.

Anonymous said...

It would have been a lovely morning for a run today, I had to get mine done this afternoon though.

After 2 weeks I am sure the boys will be all over you, have a great weekend.

Great pick up with Randall too, after seeing him train the last month or so I am sure he will be a great asset.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Hey Stu, you would have been proud of me today, I've stretched no fewer than 3 times!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to catching up at Jells Pk (after rather than before the race as I get a bit nervous before!)