Tuesday 17 April 2007

Tue 17 Apr 07, no work today


This morning I went to the track with Clare and did the session that I set her as I wasn't feeling 100% yet and was able to be company for Clare. A warm up around the Complex and then onto the back straight to do some drills, heel to bum, sideways steps, backwards & high knee lifts, followed by some 50m strides.

Today's session was a version of 30/30, 5k pace/recovery shuffle and continue to change pace every 30 seconds. Basically this is very similar to bends & straights, but a shorter break and hopefully slightly faster than last weeks B&S. Fifteen minutes and then a 400m walk & some basic stretches. (approx 6k session). I plan to do this session tonight, I'll run it at 3k pace/10k pace for 15 minutes.


At the track just after 5pm, a quick chat with Burkie and then off for 3 laps of the Complex and then onto the back straight to do 10 minutes of various drills & basic stretches, then onto the grass for 5x60m strides at my 1k pace (approx), all up a 30 minute routine.

With my watch set to beep each 30 seconds I was off to do the same set as earlier today, the fast rep was slightly faster than my 3k pace and the first 10 min the slow rep was my 10k pace, probably slowing a little for the last 5 minutes, which was fine as the fast part I was achieving similar distances the entire time. I finished off with 3 slow laps on the grass infield and some good stretching. All up about 8.5km.

1 comment:

jojo said...

i thought u were having an easy session.. doing two sessions doesnt sound that easy to me .. or did i misread :)