Tuesday 24 April 2007

Tue 24 Apr 07, gym & an easy paced track session


I started the day off with a 40 minute session in the gym, backs, shoulders, core, lunges and stretching.


Tonight's session tonight was setting my pace for Saturdays first race, 6km XC. I set the same session for Clare too, different pace and fewer reps. For me I did 6x400m @ 85-90 sec per lap with 1 min recovery. Starting with my warm up, my first lap was with one of the 18 year old sprinters and then two laps with Adam K, then into some drills and strides. Tonight Adam did the same session with me,the reps were 86, 84, 84, 85, 86 & 86 all with a strict 60 sec break. Adam & I are of similar pace but he is still working on his pacing ability, he has transferred from Sth Melb to Western Aths and is running with me in Div 7 on Sat. I finished with a cool down, which was Clare & Roz's w/up, which included completing the drills with the girls. All up a good session, very much on the easy side, hoping to be fresh for Sat.


Preparations for the first relay are going great, three open men teams, two open women & two underage girl teams. This will be the most runners Western Aths have had for a winter race and many are new, with recruiting going well, six first timers this week and with two more to make their debuet. I am running in the Div 7 and I am probably ranked the 2nd slowest, where last year I was in the Div 6 team and ranked 2nd, a great time for the Club.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Looks like the club is going from strength to strength Stu. Well done. My club one the Anzac Relays today - can't beat winter relays for club spirit.

Well done on getting through the coaching course. A weekend off running won't hurt.