Thursday 19 April 2007

Thu 19 Apr 07, gym & track


In the gym at 6:40 for a quick & light session, I needed to be at the Soffitel in Collins St by 8:15 for a conference. So a similar session to yesterday, a few different exercises, included lunges today and some different chest exercises on the ball and some shoulder work, finished up after 40 min, showered, dressed and then walked into Collins St. An easy session, still just reminding the body of the reps and weights.


Tonight I arrived at the track 5:40ish, a little later than normal, changed and then did my normal three laps of the Complex, stretched and did three 60m strides and then off to do 6x400m with a 1 min recovery, for a second week in a row with no watch. No watch for two reasons, I have lent my watch out but also so I can run on feel and guage my pace, for my recovery I walked and counted upto to 50 and then go (no counting for the first few seconds). Burkie knew I didn't have a watch on and timed the 2nd & 4th rep and then passed on the good news. I was aiming for 78-80 second reps, Burkie tells me my 2nd & 4th rep were 78.11 & 78.07, very happy with that! And the others felt very much the same pace. Burkie suggested that he knew I was going well, he said it looked easy, comfortable and very controlled. I finsihed off with a 300m walk and then 3 laps of the grass infield.

3 comments:

Clarkey said...

You just keep racking up the workload!! I know you probably think its not enough, but it all looks pretty heavy to me....

Stu Mac said...

I know what you mean Clarkey and it will probably surprise many, I am quite happy how I feel, I feel quite fresh and fit! Not sure how fast I can run and not sure how long I can run for, BUT I feel good and really thats good enough at the moment!

Anonymous said...

hey stu,
you are looking good for the winter
season.
i find it is better to run reps
without a watch, but handy to have coach yelling out splits as well.

see you at jells park.