Monday 22 December 2008

My first day on holidays, a morning jog, a massage & a lot of fun

WOW a nice sleep in until 7am, breaky and then a 30 min stroll along Skeleton Creek, a 10 minutes on my side (paths), as I was nearing Forsyth Rd I noticed a path on the other side, so over the bridge and onto a new trail, gravel & dirt, a little uneven, but something different. I then moved onto a road which back tracked and then backonto the trail and then back over to my side. A casual 6-6.5km
___________________________

A massage with Narz, 60 minutes, all good, just a little bit of discomfort in the right hamstring which was 'probably' as a result of the discomfort I was experiencing in my right glute, it was describe as slightly twisted. Excluding that, it was all good!!!
___________________________

Tonight was the official final training night for the junior squad prior to Christmas (even though a few are coming to do hill reps tmrw). I gave a flyer to all parents with a warning; BRING SPARE CLOTHES & A TOWEL to training...

I set up a small obstacle course using hurdles and the jumping pits as well I set up some exercises, push ups, crunches, arms curls, skipping & planks. After a 3 lap w/up and then 9 strides of various distances (50-60m), I then asked the kids to put themselves into teams of 3, then I demonstrated the exercises, then the four groups (1 team with 4) were placed onto the stations (more stations than groups), once in location I explained the finer detail......

The hurdles which they needed to go under had an exercise mat which I placed 'shaving cream' on, the mats for cruches had shaving cream where there butts would be if they slakened off, and I pulled out a BIG water pistol out of my bag which I explained was for poor performance, good performance or if they annoyed me or any other reason that seem to require a good squirt!!!

Lets just say they were wet and if they looked clean I used my shaving cream can, after 15 min of this I thought they needed a rest, so I suggested a 'drinks break', this was when the session was overtaken by the kids, they too were ready, they had water pistols and LOTS of shaving cream, and I was OVERTAKEN and became the result of my own plans & actions!!!! But lots of fun, much to the amusement of other training groups & the parents!

But a small present to each kids left a smile! And below are a few photo's.


Yes a lot of shaving cream and water...




OMG, how wet & creamy can I be!!!!

I think they are laughing at me....


A great night for the group.

___________________________

A BIG thanks for all of the pressies from ALL of the kids!

5 comments:

jojo said...

awwwwww arent you a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

See .... he does play well with other kids .... :-)

Great work Stu

Eat Em

Anonymous said...

Well, looks like my coach got off pretty lightly then!

Ewen said...

How are you going to reduce the numbers in your squad if you keep making it so much fun!

All the best for Christmas and '09 Stu - for your athletes and yourself!

Peahen said...

PMSL.....COP THAT! How fun fun fun. Great to see.