Monday 8 December 2008

A solid Monday

I arrived home this arvo just before 4pm, a quick change into running gear and I grabbed a small towel and a T, rolled them up and off I went, running to the track to meet my junior group, 7.3km.

Like a well oiled machine, most of the kids were already there, some had completed their 2 laps and the rest were completing. I quickly had a drink and washed my face and got them all together (14 tonight) and took them all for a lap of dynamic drills/stretching.

Then 5x60m strides before starting 6x300m with a 100m shuffle. The majority of the group were aiming at 70-72 sec and a couple of the younger ones were aiming 75-78. I ran with the kids, generally in lane 2/3 and kept a group of 5 12/13 year old girls together, with a couple of boys leading. A good set, followed by the 'final' relay training session before the VLAA State Relays on Sunday.

With no one to pick me up (like last week as Jo is on school camp at Cowes), I ran home in 10 seconds quicker than my trip to the track. All up 18k.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good workout ... :-)

Eat Em