Wednesday 10 December 2008

DRMS

Well I kind of worked today....three days in a row the Victorian server for the Defence Records Management System (DRMS) was down for again and there is only so much work I can do with no documents....so after2 hours I went home!


So this made it easy to stick a 60 min run in today and I decided a flat dirt run was the 'call' for today, so I decided I would take advantage of the extra hours and make my way to the far side of the YY and run on the horse trails.


The above pic is from just off the freeway of my destination, but I was aiming for the other side.



This picture is nearing Toynes Rd and is a reminder that there are some hills in the west and I will have to arrange with the readers for a lazy 90 minutes over the Dec/Jan period....?



This picture is from the car park, all dirt, lots of 'fire trail' style roads with a lot of trees in the style of a plantation. I started in the direction of the fence for just over 1km before turning right and moving onto a trail along an old creek bed and immediately I could smell eucalyptus oil??? Whilst I knee there were gum trees everywhere, the strong smell was very different, so a quick stop and I smelt the leaves on a tree, WOW it was like smelling an oil bottle, but this was only in a few areas of the park. For those who do not know the area, this part of the YY park is used a lot by horse riders and bike riders who want to go fast.




The two above are 15 & 20 minutes into my run, just to give everyone an idea of the terrain. A nice run, 4:50 - 5:10 pace for 32 minutes, which found me back at my car, a quick drink and I dropped my shirt & phone (camera) and the back out again.

Its great being confident and comfortable, I have only been in this part of the park once before and I am very happy to run where-ever! Some was good and I will do again and some was shit and will not be seen again. 64 minutes all up, a great sweat and some sun on my back & shoulders, yay.
________________

Training with the kids tonight, was short sharp & over quickly, with aths on Fri and State Relays for the majority of the group on Sunday we did 3 laps to warm up, some drills, then they did 1x200, 150, 100 & 70, approx 1-2 sec off race pace.

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Great pics, the first couple remind me of the terrain around Canberra.

Thanks for the msg on my blog, I plan to write something soon now I am easing back into running, just been too lazy. I'm still reading others though.

Ewen said...

It doesn't look to hilly Stu - or did you avoid the hills ;) Great location for a long run!

By the way, your "bad" 800 would be an absolute "dream goal" for me!

Andrew(ajh) said...

A run in the YY sounds like a great idea!

I'd offer to send over a couple of good IT staff but they're making me give em all the sack :-(

Anonymous said...

Aww I wish I had that near me, what a great place for a run!