Wednesday 31 December 2008

December's running stats

The final stats for 2008, thankfully one of my better months, not only because there was more running than previous, but I wanted to run more, I felt better running and I felt a little faster, so :-) :-) :-)

Dec Kms - 285

2008 Kms - 1842 (my smallest in many years)

Injuries - injury free

Excuses - none

Races - a few track races and a Club 1000m race

Summary - a good solid month of training and I am starting to feel fitter and hopefully will go sub 2:30 for the 800m first back!

Goals for January - to run another month of 250ish kms, of course remain injury free (last Jan I tore my hip flexor and was having achilles issues for many months).

Summary for 2008 - lowest running kms in over six years, a torn hip flexor and an achilles problem kept the first four months of the year very minimal, e.g. at the end of April I had not run 250km for the year, Dec I ran over 280k. But the good....I had a good season as a coach, one of my athletes got Gold & Bronze in O35 State Champs, a silver medal at Little Aths T&F, 2 athletes finished in the top 8 in the State Multi's, athletes involved in U20 & U16 State Relays, many finalists in VLAA, Primary School & AV Championships, great results in the Primary & VLAA XC State Champs, many PBs and many happy athletes who are running the best they ever have. With about 25 athletes in my squads I have enjoyed nearly every moment. I have lost a couple to other coaches, I have seen a couple of teenagers slowly slip away to a life away from running but overall I am very satisfied with my coaching and now my running!

January: 122km
February: 81km
March: 0km (zero)
April: 41km
May: 129km
June: 241km
July: 250km
August: 154km
September: 193km
October: 150km
November: 194km
December: 285km

2008 Total: 1842km

2 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Happy New Year Stu - hope 2009 is injury free for you!

Ewen said...

I hope the tricky combination of running and coaching continues to go well in '09 Stu.

Try to stay ahead of Jo in the 800 ;)