Saturday 27 December 2008

At the track with my Squad

Even at 9am the sun the sun was out & shining brightly! A few kids away and I think a few may have forgotten as well, but including myself I had 10 runners to organise and with Region T&F Champs in the coming months I want to make sure we start to concentrate on their events. I started with three laps in lane 7, chatting and getting the low down on the Christmas presents, wow LOTS of techo gadgets....

Jo, Harley (13) & Aleisha (coached by Burkie) 4x800; Brooklyn, Demi, Hayley, Bailey & me 5x400; Teagan & Scottie 3x200/150/100. Paces - the 800m group we aiming for 95 sec laps; the 400 group were various paces, Bailey & I were hitting 82-84 sec per lap; the speedie group were aiming for 2-3 sec off 200m race pace.

After completing the 400m reps I joined in with Teagan & Scottie and did the 100m reps with them, high 15s and one low 16. I then jogged two easy laps with them to cool down and chat.

A 10 min chat with the parents and runners, I then ran home along the Fed Trail, Old Geelong Rd and then onto Skeleton Creek, a much safer than my normal route, 7.3km in 32 min, quite warm, very sunny and LOTS of sweat. Whilst stretching at home (outside), Jo was amazed at the sweat that was dripping....its great to see a perfect cooling system.... ;-)
______________

And YES Dave & Ads, Jo & I bought some Manchester, quilt sets to be exact and I must go and moisturise after my waxing and pruning..... see ya soon for a beer!

1 comment:

jojo said...

jo wasnt just amazed at the sweat literally dripping off your fingers...it was pretty disgusting...lol..at least you waited outside til you stopped