Thursday 4 December 2008

A tired Stu at the end of the day

Today was suppose to be a BIG day at work, but the server for our records managment system decided it didn't want to 'play'...so after a few hours I was lacking in work...so before my lunchtime soccer I strolled around the Tan twice in 36:12.

Then 2 games of football, the first with no subs was for my team Rangers), sadly we lost 3-2 and this may have dropped us from 3rd to 5th, just before the finals... :( Then I was asked to play as a standin for another team (Strikers). So a 8k run and 80 minutes of football playing midfield and forward meant I was a little tired. Back to my desk, still no server...... grrrrrrrrrrr
___________________

The original plan for tonight was 'Hot 300s', but I knew Jo was tired (reports, reports & more reports) and I had already bashed myself today, so I amended to set. The plan was 2x200/2x150/2x120/2x100/2x70/2x50, the pace was 'fairly hot', approx 2 sec slower than 200m race pace with 3 min breaks. Tonight there were only seven in the group, due to school graduations, family stuff etc.

My times:
  • 31.90 / 31.21
  • 21.56 / 21.71
  • 18.29 / 18.63
  • 15.49 / 15.03
  • For the 70m reps, we started at the 100m and started at stride pace and then accelerated at the 70m cone, the 50m we strode from the 80m marker. I didn't time the 70s or 50s as I was already running and didn't feel the need to muck around with my watch, my hand stop watch was with young Claire.

A casual cool down, 2 laps on the grass chatting with one of the 14 year old girls and then 2 more with Zac & Bel who had also finished up 4 the night. A bit of a chat with Bel about the discomfort in my right glute, more than likely the piriformis and I still have some aggrevation in the right knee, so two days rest and some ice and stretching is called for.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Good times for those Stu. I'm always impressed by 31-point 200s. That's a good tip on how to do 70s/50s.

I hope the days off cure the niggles.