Wednesday 31 December 2008

The last run in 2008

A tired set of legs attached to my body this morning and with a junior squad training session at 9am, I made my way to the track at 8:30am and I strolled along the Fed Trail, 15 minutes away from the track towards Werribee and then I turned around, probably 5.5km.
______________

Back at the track, I jogged 3 laps with some of the kids and then did 5x70m strides whilst the kids did 7 strides and then they went to the stairs for a short set of exercises. Their set today was 6x300m with a 100m walk/float for recovery, with some aiming for 61-64 depending on the athlete and the younger kids aiming for 70-74. The first 2 reps I watched with some jogging on the infield so I could take note of form. Then I cruised one rep with Demi in 70, she was running very controlled, I then did the final 3 reps in lane 3 with four of the faster kids in 60-61.

Two laps on the infield and then 10 minutes of leg stretching with the kids, esp calf, glutes & hamstrings.
______________

My legs feel a lot better with a light session, the original plan was 60 minutes, but not today (I listened to my body).

No comments: