Wednesday 3 December 2008

Running, coaching & pilates

Issues today resulted with me having to leave work at 12 to pick up Connor from school.... :(

So no lunchtime run, as planned, so Connor had to come to the track prior to coaching so I could run some laps. Whilst Connor practised some discus I jogged 5 laps to warm up in lane 8, whilst doing some gentle static stretching I chatted with Connor about his throwing.

I then jogged 15 laps in either lane 4 & 5 in 110-120 sec per lap, cruisy but moving, sometimes chatting with kids who were arriving early so they could jump, hurdle or throw (all depending on their personal pleasure). After my laps I chatted to Connor for a few minutes before completing 3x300m in 60 sec in lane 3, moving nicely, but I was aware of a niggling knee (which may be an under performing VMO) and a niggle in the right glute.
_______________________

Session for my junior squad, 5x200m, hot pace (just below race pace) with a 3:30 rest (including the walk back). After that session I immediately started General Training for WLAC, which involved warm ups, some drills for 30 kids and then allocating them to coached events (only a few helpers tonight), the majority stayed with me for running.
_______________________

Pilates tonight, 60 minutes, I have missed many sessions in the past month and I discovered that I have lost a little bit of core fitness and need to get back into my planks etc.

No comments: