Thursday 25 December 2008

Christmas Day

A great looking day, expected 24 degrees very much looked on the cards. Jo & I were out the door just after 8:30am, a casual stroll along a dirt trail which follows Skeleton Creek. This was a new path for Jo which I had run a couple of times, a little rough & uneven, but better than the other side of the creek where the white concrete can be seen forever...

An enjoyable run, probably 5.30 pace or maybe a tad faster here & there, but Jo's little set of drums inside her head were annoying her. All up 32 minutes, Jo was happy it was over, but I decided a quick drink and I would do 10 min or so more. I increased the pace and jumped onto the grass alongside the path and started towards Forsyth Rd bridge, prob 4.30 pace, I kept this pace until the bridge, which I crossed and then went back onto the dirt trail and then I increased the pace to approx 4.10-15 min pace for 8-10 min, a short respite of cruising for a couple of minutes, once onto Palmers Rd I returned back to the tempo level for another 5 min before turning into a shuffle a couple of minutes away from home.

Great stuff, dripping in sweat, ready for Christmas Day!
___________________________

Some mid morning driving, then a visit to Jo's grandmother (first glass of champers), back home with Jo & her brother, a light lunch (& another champers). Then a visit to Julie's place so I could see my four sons (first beer, Stella), then home to fully prepare dinner for 9.
  • appetisers - selection of cheeses & crackers and a big plate of antipasto
  • entrees - prawn cocktail (3 sorts of prawns) with rocket & a home made aoli, but I also needed to make a none seafood, so Tuscan marinate chicken skewers with two sorts of beans on the side
  • main - turkey roll with sage stuffing & roasted veg (jap pumpkin; sweet, desiree & normal pot; red onion, parsnip & garlic; also dutch carrots fried off in orange juice & maple syrup with walnuts. (I forgot the peas with mint).
  • desserts - were prepared by others (yay)

Busy afternoon and at times I wonder if I had too many things to do, but it all worked out even with a few beers, a bottle of Bella (which was very nice Jay) and then some more beers....

Now I better get back to running......

1 comment:

jojo said...

the food was unbelievable...my family was super impressed..
what a nice bf you are :)