Thursday 1 January 2009

The first track session for 2009

Not many distance runners at the track tonight; Keith's squad of 25+ are at Mt Beauty, John's group at Sunshine & many of mine & Burkie's are away on family holidays and no Jo tonight, she has moved her session to the pool.

I arrived to find Adrian flying around, 5x800 (2:40 pace), not bad for a nearing 42 year old who is preparing for his 12th Six Foot Marathon. I was only only expecting young Claire tonight and with the strong winds I decided whilst warming up (5 laps) that the 4x200 (40 sec), 2x1000 (3:50 & 4:15) & 4x200 (40) session would be held off for another evening, instead 12x200 for me (only 10 for Claire).

Whilst I waited for Claire to complete her w/up laps, I did 5-8 min of dynamic warm ups, skipping, jumping, lunges & some bounding. Prior to our 5x60m strides, Claire and I did some butt kicks and then some quick steps breaking into a short stride.

The plan for the reps was slightly faster than normal for Claire (41) and the break was a 90 sec walk and every 3 rep I let her have an extra 30 sec, I did my first 10 reps in lane 3 in mid 38s and the final 2 in low 36s (in lane 1). I then jogged three slow laps of the grass infield to finish up my first track session for the year.

Approx 7k session

No comments: