Monday 30 June 2008

Running around the Riverbend Reserve

I decided no running this morning, I decided to enjoy a sleep in, all the way until 7am...and you just have to love school holidays, there are so less idiots on the road. I left home at 7:40 and was at my desk in St Kilda Rd at 8:10.... :)

This evening I met my squad at Riverbend at 4:45pm, a longer w/up than normal, then stretching, then we did 5x45 sec with a 30 sec float, before we made our river crossing and ran as a group for 2km before re-crossing the river. I then split the group, the younger ones run the short way back and I took the faster group the long way home... :)

All up just over 6k of running and then 2x1 min planks, max push ups (62, the kids were impressed, so was I) and then a slow jog back to the kids mums & dads.
_________________________

Monthly Stats:

241kms of running, by far the biggest month for the year and I actually felt like a runner this month.

614km YTD, which is still very sad as I would have been hoping to hit this number in the first or second week of Mar, but still it is moving in the right direction.

I still haven't introduced 'real'interval work yet, but that will be returning VERY soon. A few good long runs are becoming the norm again :)

No injures and a few kg have been moved and clothes are starting to fit better! :)

No comments: