Monday 23 June 2008

Albert Park Lake in the am & Wyndham Park in the pm

This morning I parked in the street behind work and started my run upto St Kilda Rd towards Albert Park. I ran around the Lake anti-clockwise, noting my speed going past the km markers. I would question the positioning of some of the markers, that is unless I can run 2:20 for 500m and then without slowing down run 3:05 for the next 500m???

A good run all up, good conditions, warm and not windy. According to MapMyRun I ran just over 9km in a pace of 4:40 per km.
______________________

This evening I ran a lot with my group, we ran from the lake (empty) at Wyndham Park upto the bridge, crossed the river and we grouped, I sent the slower group off in one direction with one of the mum's and I took the faster group on the bike path past the bowling Club, then past the pool and then back to Chrinside Oval. All up an extra 1.5km longer warm up than normal.

We then ran 2 laps of a 900m loop course at a fast rate with a 3 min break, an easy jog and then some repeats on a short hilly course.

All up I ran just short of 6km tonight.
______________________

Finally the Western Aths Team Manager (me) has released the teams and orders for this Saturday's race.

2 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Yeah, my mum and dad are in Geelong and nearly every time I tell them we've had rain, they complain that they haven't.

Ewen said...

An Ekiden - cool! 9 teams is a great effort.

Sounds like those km markers were put down by the course measurer of Sandown ;)