Saturday 14 June 2008

Little Aths XC & a run along the Maribrynong River

This morning I took C & D to Little Aths XC, whilst they were playing at Presidents Park, I took a couple of the kids from my squad for a warm up jog, I then did my normal job as the 'rabbit' and ran the 1k race. Then a few more w/ups and taking all of the U10 & 9s out to their starting point, once their race started I jogged back to the start and jogged around the course doing a cool down with a couple of Burkie's girls. (3-4k morning)
_________________________

This afternoon our Club run was in Brimbank, many meet at various points along the river and everyone except me was running to the Brimbank Park. As I wasn't able to squeeze in a long run on Sunday due to Connor's Communion, I wanted to do at least 20k today, so I started at BP at 1:20ish and ran to Canning Reserve (10.5k) and meet up with a few of the U18 girls. My trip out was a little faster than planned, but comfortable, along the river there are a few km markers; 4:40, 4:48, 4:48, 4:54, 4:40, 4:38, 4:30, 4:32. I arrived before the others, so I jogged around the oval, had a toilet break and sucked down a gel. The run back was more relaxed, starting with 4:50, 5:01, 5:03, 5:09. I was running with 2 U18 and an 40 something lady who was working too hard, so I suggested that she drop off the pack and slow down and I was more than happy to run with her as I was more interested in time on feet, esp having already clocked up a few k''s. The next 4km were 5:33, 5:33, 5:35 & 5:40, but the final 3.5km were a lot slower as Christine's ITB was playing havoc and she was really struggling, but as this was her first time on this course I stayed with her.

All up 24km of running today and happily I feel great, no discomfort except for a rub mark on the back of my hip.

Tonight I made the trek into the city to watch the Wallabies beat the Irish at the Telstra Dome, great seats, close to the fence on the 22m line.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Looked like a typical good Melbourne crowd. Exciting finish with the Irish attacking.

By the look of that long run, you're well on the way back Stu. Good stuff.