Tuesday 1 July 2008

Gym session & my first interval session for 2008

In the gym this morning, on the stationary bike for 10 min to warm up (gees it was windy outside), then 3 sets of lunges & squats, upright rowing & mil press, shoulder raises & oblique lifts, push ups, planks, crunches, more push ups and more planks.
___________________________

This evening I told my group what they were doing and I told them I would start with them, but then move on. I planned 6 x 1000m in 4:30 with 60 sec recovery. Five laps in lane 8 to warm up, then 5 70m strides. Whilst the last 2 I was working, overall I felt fairly comfy.

4:30 60
4:28 64
4:29 62
4:28 65
4:30 70
4:22

I could have gone right on 60 each time, but I was chatting with girls from my squad. I finished off with 3 laps of the infield and then 2 laps in lane 8. A good way to start the month and my first interval session for 2008.

2 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

I'm impressed too ! Maybe after a few more weeks of this push-ups challenge I might get close to 62 as well - but then again maybe not.

jojo said...

well done stu- although it sucks tha your first interval session is already faster than my sets :(