Friday 20 June 2008

VPSSA State XC Champs

Five kids (not six) from my squad and my niece (11 year old) all ran great races today, all of the kids from my squad were experiencing there first Primary State XC Champs, Claire in Grade 6 was very excited to make it into the B race.

For those readers who don't know, each Region have 6 kids who progress to the States, the first 3 are in the A race and 4-6th are allocated into the B race, of course the flaw is, if you are from a very strong Region, then it is tough work.

I had three girls in the 9/10 A race, one in the 12/13 B race & one in the 9/10 B race. The best result on paper was Natalie in the 9/10 race, she finished 25th, but she was very much over-awed by the occasion, just over 100 kids on the start line in the A race and a sharp corner 150m into the race, she got knocked around and took some time to get going and then found herself in VERY unfamiliar territory and was back in around 50th after 500m.

All of the girls had various reasons for not running perfect races, but I am so proud of their achievements and I hope they continue to learn and grow. :-)
_____________________

I got a few km of running in, warm ups with kids and then jogging around from vantage point to the next vantage point.

NOTE: This was my 1000th post on my Blog...

1 comment:

jojo said...

oops how did i miss that... happy 1000th :)