Thursday 19 June 2008

Happy birthday Declan

7 years old today! A fish tank from mum, a scooter from dad and some Beanie kids from Connor & Kaelan, very happy and excited.
_____________________

I started the day in the gym at 6:30 with Tania, whilst she started with 12 min of stu torture on the the tready, I warmed the legs up on the bike for 10 minutes. Lots of shoulder and upper back work this morning, then lunges 3x15, with 3x12 single leg squats. Finished off with some glute, abdominal and core work. 50 min session which was felt great as an overall workout.
_____________________

No running today and no coaching tonight, I organised all of my athletes to have the night off or to do tempo runs away from the track. This meant I could spend a few hours with Declan and the boys on his birthday. I picked them up from school, this meant NO after school care. I took them for ice cream and we hung out in the warmth of the shopping centre, visiting the pet shop and the toy areas of Big W & K Mart, young boys favorites.
_____________________

No work on Friday, I'm off to Bundoora to support six kids from my squad who have qualified for the Vic Primary School XC Champs.

3 comments:

Peahen said...

A very happy B'day to Declan. SOunds like you boys had a wonderful arvo.

Oh and no, you are not a Troll. I don't see you and the "lurking under a bridge" type.......you could not sit still long enough to be a "Troll" PMSL.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Happy birthday to Declan ! His birthday is the same day as Kate's. We have 20ish 19 year olds here tonight - should be interesting !

Ewen said...

Happy birthday Declan - there are too many toys to choose from these days.

I hope they all ran well Stu - a bit wet under foot no doubt.