Wednesday 18 June 2008

An active day

I was really tired on Tuesday night, I even fell asleep on the lounge before 10pm so I decided I wouldn't get up at 5:30 for my run and enjoyed a sleep in till just after 6am. With early meetings I decided I would have a short run before indoor football.

Thankfully working in a flexible working hours environment makes this all possible, soccer at 12:10, so I left work at 11:30 to change and then run for 30 minutes, then play football. I ran a lap of the Tan, going through each km marker in 4.30-45, after finishing a lap of the Tan the I crossed St Kilda Rd and ran a few laps around Vic Barracks, so I was close to the gym where the game was being played.

31 minutes of running and then a 40 min game of football with no reserves was a great workout. A close game between 6th & 8th, last (my team), 3-2 there favour. :(
_____________________

This evening a coaching session at the aths track with 12 kids, whilst waiting for arrivals I jogged 6 laps of the track and then ran another 4 with some of the kids. I did lots of 60m strides on the track and then the grass. Followed by some drills and strength work (lunges, hopping, jumping etc) whilst walking around the track, we then did 4x110m strides.

To finish off, the plan was 5x250m with 150m floats, I did the first 3 with the lead group and then ran the last 2 with some of the slower kids.
_____________________

A 60 min pilates session, the leg strength poses were great but tough and the abdominal work even harder. Noting that I have been doing more of the tougher poses during the past month.

No comments: