Sunday 1 June 2008

AV XCR08 Series, Round 4, 15km road race

Last year I ran this same course with two walking breaks due to a very sore calf in 1h 4m 31s, today I ran a controlled 1h 11m 51s. Today was my first run over 15km since the first week of January, so I'm happy that I could run and help my Club and due to one of the guys pulling out mid race my slow run actually scored as the last runner in our Div 6 team.

For those who don't run AV, the race is on a 4.9km looped road course at the La Trobe University, an undulating course. Today I wanted to run and survive, not race. The plan was for the first km to be 5 min pace and then sit around 4:50ish and just run an even paced run, kind of like a Sunday run, but a little faster.

5.03 4.56 5.03
4.37 4.53 4.48
4.53 4.56
4.44 4.42 9.55
4.29 4.33 4.14

5k Splits: 23.48, 24.01 & 24.02 = 1h 11m 51s

So happy to have got around, happy to have basically stuck to the plan and happy I helped my Club, with a small w/up and cool down, 17k for the day.

Mid arvo the results are already on the AV web site; Team results for Western Athletics are quite good, sadly a few runners pulled out this morning or late last night (4 open men, 2 U20 men, 2 U16 wmn), so a few teams less than we had hoped for. But today we won the U14 wmn & the U16 men, 2nd in U20, Div 5 & 6 men and 3rd in Div 3 men. Great results.

7 comments:

jojo said...

it was really nice to see you back out there... and it was very nice of your club-mates to be cheering me along too :)

Barrier Boy said...

hey man, good to see you back in the swing of things. Launceston 10 is not far away, maybe you should book your tickets!!!!!!!
Anyway dude, nice run and lets hope your injury worries are behind you.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Well done Stu, great results for you and the club - so good that you are back out running again!

Anonymous said...

GREAT to see you back again! While I started to get a bit bored I did enjoy my trip up college drive each time so I could look out for people I knew.

Anonymous said...

At least it's a start so I expect to see you running the streets of Hoppers every second day.

ads said...

It's a welcome back on all fronts, huh?

Ewen said...

Good on all fronts Stu - racing again, scoring points for your team, and a well-paced faster Sunday run. Hope you pull up OK.

Good results there for Western Aths.