Wednesday 11 June 2008

A morning run, coaching & pilates

This morning I ran by myself for just short of 60 minutes; I parked in Wells St behind work and ran up to St Kilda Rd and made my way to Fawkner Park, a quick toilet break and then returned back to the outside path and completed a lap of FP. Then I ran to the Tan and ran down Anderson St and immediately turned back up and ran to the top, then turned left and made my way to Walsh St, down and then up Punt Rd (toughest hill, down Walsh again and back up, down & up Anderson. I then continued on along the Tan until getting to Govt Dve, then over St Kilda Rd and around the barracks to my car.

According to MapMyRun the run was 11.5k at 5:10 pace. I enjoyed this morning, very pleasant weather and starting to feel a little fitter. Hopefully I will be able to build some fitness so I can start to think about racing with some quality in Sep/Oct.
_________________________

Coaching at the track tonight with my younger squad, minimal running for me, I did 2 laps and a few strides on the grass with the kids.


Finished the night off with pilates at 7:30pm for 70 minutes, not sure why we went longer tonight, but Narz wanted us to do a few more poses.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

I'll join with those who say you're looking fitter :)

Re my first 300m... yes, it was a bit quick, but 1500s are always hard to get the pacing right - esp when you're racing kids who sprint off like that! 21 per 100 would be goal pace for 1500 by the track season - not ready to do it yet, that's for sure!

Andrew(ajh) said...

Really glad to see you out and enjoying some decent runs again Stu!