Monday 16 June 2008

Another day of training ticked off!! :-)

This evening I took the kids from my squad for a 8 min w/up jog along the Werribee River from Wyndham Park, the kids know the course, an out & back so they scoot along and I just run probably 5:30 pace and run along with the youngest ones. Some gentle stretching and then 60m strides on the grass.

On Friday, five primary school kids from the squad are competing in the State Primary School XC Champs and all of the group are competing in the Little Aths Region Champs in Geelong, so tonight was a little shorter, but a little faster. Three reps along a dirt path, just over 450m long with a rise for the final 50m, then a shuffle back, a couple minutes rest, then back again for a second and the third was only approx 400m (no rise). I started from the back, a 5 sec head start and then moving through the pack of 22 and giving encouragement, with one or two in front of me. The final rep I really tried to catch the leading Teagan, but she really got going and I couldn't catch a 10 year old girl......

The kids finished off with some short up & down hill work, but I only did the final rep, providing the encouragement of, "don't let the old man catch you!!!".
_________________

After dropping Connor at home after training, I stopped at home to find my flashing arm light (affectionately known as my whore light) and I then went for a run around my local streets, 5.8km in 28:10. A nice run to blow a few more cobwebs out and then 10 min of ground stretching inside.

Note: yay, finally made 500km for the year...I still can't believe after 3 or 4 years in succession of running 3000km that I have only just made 500... :-(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back running .. Ithe question is "Will you break 100 kms this month ?"

Take care

Eat Em

PS:I am back running (gently) this week - so far so good.

Ewen said...

Go for 2000 for the second half of the year.

I'm used to getting beaten by 10-year-old girls ;)

jojo said...

well with how many kms youre running at the moment, youre gonna get heaps of kms for the rest of th year :) yay (oh and me too !!!)