Friday 31 August 2007

August 2007 Running Statistics

August km's: 299 (last year 229)

Year to Date: 2200 (last year 2115)

Niggles/injury: My right achilles attachment is annoying but manageable, shins need massaging, but again manageable.

Excuses: Loads of work & unpaid work, so I have been tired. Missing consistent long runs but....

Races: Just two, Sandown 6.2km Relay - a solid run but 10-15 sec slower than 2006. 8km XC - DNF.

Upcoming races: State HM Champs 9 Sep & Tan Relays 22 Sep

Goals for August: to run consistent splits in the HM

General thoughts: I will have a break from racing after the Winter Series and I am going to change my style of training (more to follow). Really enjoying my coaching and hopefully a few of the athletes will experience a good summer with a solid winter base.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Sounds like you've been burning the candle at both ends a bit. Makes it tough to run well.

Are you still going for sub-88 in the half?

Glad the coaching is going well. The kids will thank you for good results on the track.