Wednesday 22 August 2007

Wed 22 Aug 07, morning & evening

An easy jog in the morning, just to roll the legs over and have a good stretch afterwards. 6 min per km pace, on the Tan, along the river, around the MCG, back along the river & finished on the Tan. Needed to have a good stretch of the r.achilles & r.hip flexor & abductor.


This evening I jogged to Fed Square in a direct route, first time in awhile which worked well, when I arrived all of the Run Leaders were given our Asics gear, so the extra time allowed me to get changed and change shoes etc. We did pretty well actually, my experience with Asics is they are normally not as generous as other companies. Shirt, shorts, 2 pairs of socks, jacket & shoes (2120). The shirt and socks are excellent, I didn't wear the shorts tonight, not a fan of the shoes, they feel very heavy and have a very hard ride, hopefully they will soften up. Not that impressed we didn't get to choose the style of shoe (ie neutral). The jacket is too big and I hope I can swap for a medium.

Tonight we ran the same course as last week, just over 12km, about 25 participants, I was the back marker.

4 comments:

jojo said...

maybe you're just too skinny if you cant fit into the jackets they give you :)

Anonymous said...

Stu, I'm an Asics man, size 12.

Tesso said...

Nice little pack of goodies there! Must admit I'm a fan of the Asics shoes. And socks, I've just bought 5 pairs (on special in Rebel).

Anonymous said...

I worked it out today in a bored moment at work, $471 worth of kit :-)