Tuesday 21 August 2007

Tue 21 Aug 07, long reps

Down to the track tonigh, I wanted to concentrate on completing my session, doing it a little slower than normal and wanting to walk away feeling good about the session. My intent was to run 4x1200m @ 95 sec per lap, which works out to be just faster than 4 min per km pace with a 90 sec recovery.

I arrived at the track just as Cam was finishing his session, so he ran 3k cool down whilst I was starting my warm up. It was starting to cool down and the breeze was very cold and getting stronger. After my w/up jog I did my dynamic stretching and then a few drills and then 5x70m strides on the track. I chatted with a new potential member, Mel, who I had been chatting to about joining the Club and getting involved, she is a 45 min 10k runner who is preparing herself for the Melb Marathon.

Tonight I decided to note my HR after each 1200m rep.

Splits (recovery 90 sec):
4:53 (153 bpm)
4:55 (159 bpm)
4:50 (161 bpm)
4:50 (162 bpm)

I then jogged a lap of the complex then put on a dry T and skins and then jogged for another 10 minutes, before stopping to watch a few track sessions.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Good idea to do a session you know is achievable.

A 45min 10k runner... good potential for her to improve to 40. Hope she joins up.