Wednesday 8 August 2007

Wed 08 Aug 07, mid week kms

My day of running started on the Tan at 6:30, I started jogging on the grass areas for nearly 15 minutes, then back to my car, light stretch I then took off for another 5 minutes of gentle running before moving to the Yarra. Today I wore my new Nike HRM, the first 20 minutes of running I averaged 135bpm. Along the river was a very gentle run enjoying the pleasant morning along the river, 40 minutes, an easy way to clock up a few extra kms. Average HR 123bpm for the final 40 minutes.
__________________________________

Tonight I dropped my gear at my car, Rupert was parked behind me, so we jogged to Fed Square. Tonight the group was a bit smaller than last week, probably 12-15 participants, Rupert and I were the Run Leaders and again we went with me at the front and Rupert at the back, we ran up St Kilda Rd, around the Tan from Govt Dve, across Morrell Bridge, down to the Tennis Centre, around the MCG, an entire lap of Fitzroy Gardens, back to the G and then back along the river upto St Kilda Rd and back to the Attrium. Walked back to my car, chatting.

3 comments:

jojo said...

i wish i could motivate myself to do morning runs...but im such a slug in the morning...LOL

Ewen said...

Do a max HR test one day Stu - or wear it in an 800/1500 which should read close to max on finishing.

Anonymous said...

You should get some interesting heart rate highs and lows when running at the You Yangs. Speaking of the You Yangs I think I passed your mob last Sunday as I was finishing.