Monday 20 August 2007

Mon 20 Aug 07, the Tan in the morning

Arrived on the Tan this morning, a quick check of the air temp, OMG, 4 degrees, WTF! Oh well, I took off on the Tan, first lap 18:31, second lap 17:25 and I then ran a further 5 minutes and then turned around and ran back 5 min. Both laps anticlockwise, all up 10k for the morning. Felt good.


Coaching Little Aths kids in the evening, a smaller group than normal, which is fine due to being in between season, 14 tonight. Good news, a 16 year old boy contacted me tonight, he wants to join my Tue/Thu group and concetrate on 15's & 3k races, I currently coach his 14 year old sister.

Tagged (not sure I'll list all, summarise will be easier):

Jobs I’ve Held: first 17 years - paper boy, shop assistant, farm hand. 17-37 years old - soldier (many differing roles), 37+ - consultant, Public Servant

Movies I Can Watch Over & Over: none really, happy to watch most movies two or three times, but thats about it

My Guilty Pleasures: beer & vodka

Places I have lived (in order): Richmond, Preston, Bankstown (NSW), Lansvale (NSW), Liverpool (NSW), Holsworthy (NSW), Seymour (now 10 years old), Murchison, Kapooka (NSW), Watsonia, Laverton, Ingleburn (NSW), Watsonia, Brunswick, Carlton, Preston, Reservoir, Rosanna, Belconnen (ACT), Toowoomba (Qld), Enoggera (Qld), Toowoomba (Qld), Hoppers Crossing, Werribee & Hoppers Crossing (that's all places exceeding 3 months, many more less than 3 months

Shows I enjoy: Neighbours (yer I know), Spicks & Specks, Top Gear, Will & Grace

Places I Have Been on Holiday: every state in Australia

Favorite Foods: spicy Thai, Mexican, Indian & good ole pizza

Websites I Visit Daily: Athletics Victoria, Aths Aust, CoolRunning, Runners World & S2F, Weatherzone, Herald Sun

Body Parts I Have Injured: nearly 20 years of contact sport and just over 20 years of military life, way too many to mention; broken bones only, nose more than 5 times (2 ops), r.arm twice, r.wrist, r.hand twice, lots of fingers, l.collar bone, lots of ribs many times, toes a few times and a chip in my r.ankle, multiple stressies in left leg and once in right leg.


Awards I’ve Won: Lots of football trophies, made Vic Country team as an U16, lots of cricket too, a couple of overage State medals in 2006. Numerous miltary awards (most proud of a Chief of the Army Commendation)

Nicknames You’ve Been Called: I don't remember ever having one, always been called Stuart or Stu, if I have had nick names they have never stuck

4 comments:

jojo said...

i tried to call you something other than stu once..and got duly told off!!! thats probs why you dont have other nicknames LOL

Anonymous said...

I'll have to look more closely next time, I can't say I have noticed that your nose was busted 5 times, must have had a good doc.

Neighbours!!!

Oh Stu LOL

MorseyRuns said...

I was also going to comment about the Neighbours bit- then I remembered my Funniest Home Videos confession. You must get to the Tan as early as I do for it to be that cold.

Ewen said...

Ah yes... paper boy. That was a good job. Top Gear - must get the DVD set - I've missed a few episodes.

Of course, he'll have to race 8s if he wants to race 15s :)