Thursday 2 August 2007

Thu 02 Aug 07, a morning speed session on the Tan

I started the day doing a session with Clare, meeting on the Tan early. We jogged for 9 minutes, some light stretching and then a few strides. The session was 8x250m, the first 6 with Clare and the final 2 by myself, so Clare could do her pace without me annoying. We finished off with a gentle 5 min cool down jog.


A VERY busy day at the office, hardly spoke, preparing for a big meeting regarding authorised positions, even Government organisations have to downsize even when workloads are increased, more equipment to be purchased, more requirements required o/seas with deployed troops, but downsizing we are.... As the Business Manager a lot of the collection of HR info falls on my shoulders and some BIG d's were made today which will affect others. :-(

A quick game of indoor football, I only made the second half. No track session for me tonight. I dropped into the track for a quick chat and to do some coaching, but that wasn't required so I went home after some quick shopping and a casual 5k jog.

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Bad times at work Stu, for me too - it is rotten when you are making decisions that can/will affect others lives, very stressful - good job we have our running eh!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, pile it on, more work less people to do it, one of the reasons I have been lumped with a 2 week stretch in Brisbane :-(

Hope everything works out OK

Ewen said...

I hope the weekend goes (is going?) well for you and your athletes Stu.