Wednesday 30 May 2007

Wed 30 May 07, the Tan & S2F session


A shocking night sleep..woke very early so I thought I may as well miss the traffic and go for an easy run. The coldest morning in Melbourne for the year, about 8 degrees. I ran a lap of the Tan, very easy pace, 18:20. Off for a shower and at my desk just after 7am.

Donated blood at lunchtime today, first time in a while, naughty Stu.

Tonight I ran slowly to Fed Square, not feeling 100%, a headache and just not right, but once I got into my run with the 10k group I was fine. Tonight we ran the 10k course and my small group ran it in 48:30 tonight, a little faster than our normal group pace, but all were comfy. After the group stretching session with the speed group (43) I jogged back to my car.

5 comments:

jojo said...

a 10 km run after giving blood..i once ran to the traffic lights(about 100m) straight after giving blood and had to sit on the ground looking like an idiot for a while!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're not coming down with a lurgy.

Anonymous said...

I'm not allowed to give blood here in Oz as they think I'm a mad cow or something!

And I'm sure that you shouldn't be doing any exercise after giving blood. No wonder you didn't feel that great!

What group are you pacing for the Run to the G Stu?

Ewen said...

Thanks for the reminder Stu. It's been a while for me too.

Unknown said...

I'd give blood if I could but like JayKay I'm a suspected mad cow too!

In the good ole days when they used to drain me of whatever they could (I've got a rare blood type) I found walking straight a challenge after giving blood. Good on you Stu.