Thursday 31 May 2007

Thu 31 May 07, morning fartlek & a short track session


On the Tan at 6:40am with Clare for a fartlek session along the Yarra, lots of change of pace and finishing off with a couple of hills and then some stretching. Cool, dark and a little wet.

A game of indoor football, we got flogged, high scoring 9-5, we had 1 reserve so I probably played 30 minutes out of 40.

This afternoon the wind & pouring rain hit Melbourne just after 3pm and all I could think about was skipping my session, but a phone call to my training partner, Adam, and it was confirmed we would be training. Adam suggested a TT style session, not flat out, but a solid session.

A 2k warm up and then a couple of strides and then over to the 3k marker, we decided we would aim for 11:30. The first 2k saw us hitting the mark each lap with little problem. Adam crossed 11:20 and I was 5 sec or so behind. We finished off with three laps in lane 8 on the track. As it was cold, I dressed and went home with minimal stretching.

No comments: