Tuesday 15 May 2007

Tue 15 May 06, track session


With the day off I was able to do my track session with David at 2pm, a warm up around the Uni area and then a bunch of plyometric drills, some strides on the grass infield and then into a 6x800m track session. At the same time as we were doing our session Clare was doing hers so we did a part of our w/ups together.

The plan was 6x800 @ 3min 5sec (3:52 per km pace) with a 1 min recovery, both of us were wondering how we would cope having raced on Sunday. Our splits were really good, the first 5 reps were done in 3:05 and the last was 3:03 with all recoveries 59.XX.

Cool down and then 10 min of stretching, I concentrated on my glutes, hip flexors and ITB.


This evening myself & Clare went and watch David become a new Australian! Well done "Aussie David"...




1 comment:

Ewen said...

Nice session Stu - lovely pace judgement.

Hope the toe is OK, and you and the club do well on the weekend.