Saturday 5 May 2007

Sat 05 May 07, Brisbane Ranges


Started the day at Little A's, C & D arrived and I walked the course with them and a soccer ball and I jogged the 1k course with Kaelan in his pram. I then chatted with a couple of kids I coach and we chatted about their school sports throughout the week and how I thought they should approach today taking into their BIG week and also the big hill that they needed to tackle. The third race was the U6-9 1km course which involves C & D but this also the race I act as the 'rabbit' leading the group out staying about 30-50m ahead showing the course and then pulling off the course at the 750m mark and then remaining there providing encouragement for all runners.


This afternoon a group of 15 or so Western A's meet at the Brisbane Ranges for a group run, various course, distances and paces and a couple of sprinters doing some hill work. I took out a small group who were running 45 min & 70 min, with the intent of keeping the 45 min group with us, but some pacing issues developed... :-(

An enjoyable run for me, some discomfort in the toe and my left quad was a tad more tired than I expected, but I think this may be related to favoritism (opposite leg to my sore toe). 72 minutes and just short of 14.5km for the arvo.

1 comment:

jojo said...

"some discomfort" in the toe sounds like it was a little better than the other day...