Sunday 27 May 2007

Sun 27 May 07, You Yangs and post race thoughts


This morning a group of Western Aths male runners meet at 8:30 at the front gate at the You Yangs for a hilly long run, but NOT too fast as our legs were trashed after yesterday. At the gate was Thorny (a MMM) who is enjoying his first AV season with Geelong, I tried to recruit him, as he was considering joing a metro club, but he decided to stick with his home town, a BIG loss to us, 32:20 yesterday he ran. He was waiting for Troopy's group but they were late so he started with us. After 4km or so, Troopy's group caught up to us so we said our goodbyes to Thorny after I had a chat with Troopy, a good memory he has, after asking how the Werribee crew went his next question was did I break that sub 40, OMG even Troopy knows about that damn time!! :-)

We cruised the dirt paths and occasionally dodging some runners who were racing a tri race (run, ride & run), every hill was hard work but of course they make you stronger, but a few of the big hills I walked, its training and I raced yesterday so I'm fine with it. It was Adam K's first trip at the YY, so he was a little surprised at some of the paths and hills. All up a good run all up just short of 95 minutes.


A good chat with the guys about yesterday's run and I'm a little more comfortable with my result but still struggling with my 2007 goals. In Jan/Feb I decided my goals would be very close together, 1) beat the bloody train and 2) was to run sub 40 min at Sandown. GTR I decided I wasn't 100% as a result of a back complaint and I decided I would work on Sandown. As I said in yesterday's post, I was very confident and I think that might be the problem. It gives me something to think about and see how and where I go from here.

5 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

Sounds like you put a lot of pressure on yourself- fast times are always impressive but so is someone who wanted to give up but kept going. There are plenty of 10km runs left in the year.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stu
Sorry you didn't meet your goal yesterday. There's always another race!

Tesso said...

Bad luck about the race Stu. Like yourself, we all know you have a sub 40 in you. Sounds like Troopy knows it too - how cool :-)

jojo said...

it sounds like you did it pretty tough in the 10km.. that sub 40 is only a matter of time :)

Anonymous said...

I know you were pissed about Saturday, but it will happen.

I don' t think the conditions were that ideal and I am not surprised you had a bit of a turn, it was pretty warm. I saw a younger runner stagger about 400 mtres from the finish and ended up being pulled of the course, poor kid was dazed.

You seem really fit at the moment, I am sure you won't limit yourself to just AV if the right 10Km race presents at the right time, if I were you I'd slip off quietly and knock one out when no one was watching, then you can surprise as all :-)